Whether you are running a business, or in any other transaction, chances are at one point or another you are going to require the services of a lawyer.
Business owners must not assume that lawyers are only necessary in time of dispute or litigation only. Lawyers may be appointed and engaged to help you deal with all the legal procedures and can help you save a lot of time and money in the long run.
Advantages of hiring a lawyer includes:
- look over and negotiate leases, contracts and other documentation;
- ensure your business is legally compliant; and
- take the necessary steps to protect your business interests.
There are more than 200,000 legal firms in Malaysia. To ensure that your business is well protected, you must find a lawyer and/or a firm that possess the following traits:
- has expertise in dealing with your legal issue;
- can communicate clearly, in simple language;
- is easily accessible;
- you feel comfortable with; and
- charges fees that are reasonable and acceptable to you.
Don’t be intimidated when meeting with a lawyer for an initial consultation. Keep in mind that you are the customer, hence you must ensure that the service rendered are of excellent, if not satisfactory level. By asking the right questions, you can find the right lawyer.