- The applicant should complete the Questionnaire in the Application Package and submit to SIRIM Qas International Sdn. Bhd. Based on the Questionnaire, a question will be prepared and sent to applicant for consideration. The quotation should provide an estimate of the total cost for certification.
- Upon agreeing to the quotation, the applicant is required to submit the application form (PCS/FOR/01-2), Declaration for Approval from Relevant Authority (for Malaysian manufaturers only), Declaration for Approval for Trade Mark Registration/ Brand Name (PCS/FOR/01-3-1), accompanying product information + fees + test report (if available)
- SIRIM QAS International will conduct standard/product design Evaluation
- Inspection conducted to examine Quality Control plan adequacy, test equipment and calibration and record keeping system.
Sample Selection & Testing
- Sample of product will be randomly selected and sent to accredited testing laboratory for testing
Recommendation and Approval Process
- The Certification Panel reviews and approves the recommendation for certification under the authority of the Certification Advisory Committee
- Planned inspection and re-tests conducted to monitor continuing compliance. Samples selected from production or open market will be retested.
- Approval for renewal on satisfactory inspection reports and payment of fees.