Overseas Trade Fairs
MATRADE organises and manages Malaysia's participation in international trade fairs overseas. It provides assistance in handling space reservations, stand design and construction, pre-event publicity and the scheduling of business meeting with foreign buyers.
Trade and Investment Missions
MATRADE together with Ministry of International Trade and Industry (MITI) and the Malaysian Industrial Development Authority (MIDA) annually organise a number of trade and investment missions to major existing and emerging markets. By participating in these missions, Malaysian companies can develop business contacts and network with foreign officials, business leaders and international buyer.
Specialised Marketing Missions
MATRADE organises specialised marketing missions overseas to explore and identify trade opportunities for selected products and services. Apart from generating potential sales, these missions also afford opportunities for establishing business networking.
MATRADE in collaboration with major departmental stores, organises 'Made-in-Malaysia In-Store-Promotion' to introduce Malaysian products directly to consumers overseas.
MATRADE sets up information booths in selected trade fairs to disseminate information on Malaysian products and services as well as to display product catalogues of Malaysian companies. Information booth serve as an alternative and cost-effective way for Malaysian exporters to promote their products and services.
MATRADE provides facilities for companies to showcase their products and services at the Malaysia Export Exhibition Centres (MEEC) in Kuala Lumpur and also at the Malaysia Trade Centres (MTCs) located in Rotterdam and Hong Kong SAR.
- Malaysia Export Exhibition Centre (MEEC)
- Malaysia Trade Centre (Hong Kong)
- Malaysia Trade Centre (Rotterdam)
MATRADE, in collaboration with relevant government agencies, professional bodies and associations promotes the export of major services sectors such as construction and engineering, education, healthcare, information and communications technology.
FAQ - Export Promotion
1. How do I participate in overseas trade fairs / trade missions organised by MATRADE?
Companies can log on to MATRADE’s website for the list of all the trade fairs / trade missions and together with the registration forms. MATRADE’s letter of invitation for all MATRADE programmes will also be mailed / fax to companies registered with MATRADE.
2. How can MATRADE assist me to find importers who would be interested in my products / services?
Your company can find foreign buyers/importers through：
- Participating in the international trade fairs, promotional booths, trade and investment mission as well as specialised marketing mission coordinated by MATRADE.
- Contacting foreign importers that are listed in MATRADE LEADS, available in MyExport.
- Accessing online Foreign Importers Database which is available at the MATRADE Business Library.
- Contacting MATRADE’s 40 offices worldwide
3. Can MATRADE register and endorse Trade and Industry Exhibitions in Malaysia?
If your company / organisation would like to register trade related exhibition and seek MATRADE’s endorsement, you need to submit the Registration Form (R1) and Endorsement Form (E1). These forms are available at MATRADE’s website and registration is free. Click here (link to guidelines) for more info.
4. How can MATRADE’s Trade Commissioners help me to promote my products/services?
Overseas Trade Commissioners can provide information on doing business in the international market and link Malaysian products/services with foreign buyers. Malaysian companies are invited to visit MATRADE overseas offices whenever they are there on business to network and seek assistance especially on local business practices.
5. How can I participate in any of the trade matching organised by MATRADE?
For trade matching, MATRADE will invite Malaysian companies registered with MATRADE to participate during trade event such as MIHAS or INTRADE. However, trade matching is also organised by MEEC and also during other occasions on which the suitable company will be notified. Do subscribe to MATRADE’s RSS available at MATRADE’s Portal for updates and registration.