Guidelines on Termination for Business
Business Termination Procedure
- Complete the Notice of Termination for Registered Business (FORM C)
- Every business owner and partner must sign the completed Form.
- Person responsible must submit the application to counter or through online via CCM e-Lodgement services in the SSM’s website at www.ssm.com.my
- Documents to be attached are as follows:
- Business Registration Certificate;
- Photocopy of owner and/ or partner’s identity card;
- Photocopy of death certificate in the event of termination upon the death of owner or an associate partner;
- A copy of the court order if termination has been ordered by court; and
- Relevant documents if the owner has become bankrupt
- Notification of Termination of Registered Business – No fee
- Business Information Print-out – RM 10.00
- Business Termination to be registered within thirty (30) days from the date of business termination.
- Registered business that has not expired is allowed to submit Notice for Termination of Registered Business.
- Submit the Notification as a result of death within four (4) months from the date of demise.
- Confirmation Letter on expired business can be requested from SSM with a payment of RM10.00.
- Result of application can be obtained within fifteen (15) minutes from the time submission is made
- Any person who being a person responsible for his business or a personal representative or next-of-kin or a remaining partners fails to file a notice of termination where a business has been terminated commits an offence and shall on conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding RM10,000 or imprisonment for a term not exceeding one (1) year or both.